Wednesday 16 May 2012

Fabulous Animal Books x 2

There is this lovely little sub-genre of animal nonfiction books with photos and a real story woven through it. I don't know what it's called, but I love them and so do the kids. Recently, I received a new book that I am sharing with everyone from PreK to 5th grade. At every age level, there is equal enthusiasm and fascination.

The cuteness of this book is astounding!


And more cuteness with this one! Wait until you see the end of the book.
I paired it with Little Pink Pup that I discovered on We Give Books last year, and I like the 'real' copy even more than the online version. The story is about a dog who is kind enough to take care of a piglet that need a mom, and it is a big hit with the students.

On the lookout for more titles like these to make a list of great book titles for those who love this type of book!

2 comments:

Gwen Martin said...

Thanks for the tip. Always looking for cute books to share. Have you read The Three Little Gators? Hilarious! Must be read with a deep southern accent for full effect.

Gwen Martin said...

Thanks for the tip. Always looking for a cute book to use. Have you read "The Three Little Gators"? It is hilarious. Must be read with a deep southern accent for full effect.